SPORTS MEDICINE REGISTRAR
Dr Timothy Echevarria started his medical career at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney and is currently training as a 2nd year registrar of the Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians.
Sports medicine appealed to Tim right at the beginning of medical training due to his passion for sport. From an early age, Tim played soccer and basketball and sustained two significant injuries, both of which required surgery. Since then, he always felt attracted to the area of sports medicine and has been keen to help others affected by similar injuries.
Tim currently works as the team doctor for the Newtown Jets in NSW Intrust Super Premiership. He has previously worked as a team doctor for the premiership-winning Cronulla Sharks U/20s team (2018). He has also been involved in injury clinics related to soccer, rugby union and cricket.
- Acute sports-related injuries
- Knee and ankle injuries
- Bone stress injuries/stress fractures
- All musculoskeletal conditions and any exercise-related medical condition
- Accredited Registrar of the Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians
- Masters of Sports Medicine - University of Queensland (currently undertaking)
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery - University of NSW (2013)
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Hons Class I) - University of NSW (2010)