Sport & Exercise Medicine Physician
I am passionate about sport, exercise, and health. I am privileged to be working in a career that encompasses all of these. It is with this enthusiasm that I look to empower my patients.
I completed my medical degree in 2011 at University of New South Wales in Sydney where I was born and raised. I completed my residency training at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in Sydney. Since then, I have had extensive experience working in orthopaedics in Canberra, Newcastle and across regional NSW. I have trained under leading Sports Physicians in Australia and overseas. I have been fortunate that my career has taken me to various parts of the world where I have also presented to international audiences. I have an academic role with the UNSW School of Medicine.
I maintain an active lifestyle. I am a passionate about all sports. I closely follow cricket, soccer, rugby (both codes), basketball and boxing. I am a dedicated fan of Inter Milan and the LA Lakers. Continued engagement in these activities allows me to better connect with patients and provide individually tailored treatments that aim to enhance the body’s capacity to recover itself.
Some of my experiences in sports medicine include:
- Cronulla Sharks Doctor (2019 – current)
- Cricket Australia Accredited Doctor (2019 – current)
- Sydney Thunder Team Physician (2021 – current)
- ICC Tournament doctor (2022)
- FIFA Accredited Doctor (2023 – current)
- Basketball Australia Boomers Asia Cup Doctor (2022)
- NSW Combat Sports Authority Ringside Doctor (2019 – current)
- Individualised exercise prescription for medical and chronic conditions
- Acute injuries in sporting and non-sporting settings
- Non-operative management of arthritis
- Management of musculoskeletal medical conditions in adults and children
- Preparation and optimisation for activity or events
- Management of chronic conditions such as arthritis and tendinopathies including interventional treatments
- Fellowship of the Australasian College of Sport and Exercise Physicians
- Master of Surgery – University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery – University of New South Wales
- AUSActive Registered Exercise Professional