About Dr Owen Ou Yang
Dr Owen Ou Yang is an Australian-trained Specialist Plastic Surgeon and a Hand & Wrist Surgeon. After completing his fellowship training in Sydney, he spent two more years in subspecialty Hand & Wrist Surgery training in internationally renowned centres in Sydney and Melbourne where he learnt the latest techniques in complex hand and extremity trauma reconstructions as well as minimally invasive hand and wrist procedures.
Dr Ou Yang takes care of the full spectrum of hand and wrist conditions and he has a special interest in hand and wrist ligamentous injuries, small joint surgery, therapeutic wrist arthroscopy, Dupuytren’s surgery and peripheral nerve compression. As a Plastic Surgeon, Dr Ou Yang also treats patients with skin cancers, particularly in complex areas around the face and the hand.
Committed to deliver the best outcome for his patients, Dr Ou Yang works closely with allied health professionals including Hand Therapists, Physiotherapists, Sports Physicians, and Radiologists to formulate the best strategy in returning patients back to their usual function.
Dr Ou Yang has appointments in two hand surgery units; Macquarie Hand Unit and South Western Sydney Hand Centre in Fairfield Hospital. Dr Ou Yang operates at the Mater Hospital Sydney, North Shore Private Hospital, Macquarie University Hospital and at Chris O’Brien Lifehouse. He also has public hospital appointment in Liverpool Hospital.
Dr Ou Yang is actively involved in surgical training and research. He is the training supervisor and also the research head in South Western Sydney Hand Centre.
Dr Ou Yang is currently consulting at Balmain Sports Medicine and in Macquarie Hand Unit. For appointment bookings, please contact Balmain Sports Medicine 9818 1004 or for more information see https://www.drouyang.com.au
- Peripheral nerve decompression
- Treatment for Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Trigger finger
- Hand and wrist ligament repair/reconstruction
- Therapeutic wrist arthroscopy
- Small joint replacement
- Hand and wrist soft tissue/bone trauma
- Skin cancer treatment & reconstruction
Degree / Qualifications
- Fellowship of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Post-Fellowship Education & Training in Hand & Wrist Surgery accredited by Australian Hand Surgery Society
- Master of Surgery
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Membership of Professional Associations
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Australian Society of Plastic Surgery
- Australian Hand Surgery Society
- NSW Hand Surgery Association
- NSW Medical Board
- Australian Medical Association