ACCREDITED PRACTISING DIETITIAN AND SPORTS DIETITIAN
Alyse provides tailored evidence-based nutritional advice for sports nutrition, weight management, chronic disease management, general health and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health. Alyse aims to provide each client with achievable and sustainable individual nutrition goals.
Alyse has performed professionally in theatre and has worked with Opera Australia, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s The Really Useful Group, Tasmanian Ballet Company and Ajkun Ballet Theatre, New York.
Alyse is a casual academic at the University of Sydney for the School of Medical Sciences, The School of Life and Environmental Sciences and the Nutrition and Dietetics Group.
- 2017 – Current: Doctor of Philosophy – Public Health Nutrition (University of Sydney)
- 2017: Master of Nutrition & Dietetics (University of Sydney)
- 2015: Bachelor of Science (University of Sydney)
- 2012: Advanced Diploma of Nutritional Medicine (Australian College of Natural Therapies)
- 2005: Diploma of Arts – Classical Ballet (National Theatre Ballet School)
Membership of Professional Associations:
- Dietitians Australia (DA) and member of Indigenous Interest Group Leadership Team
- Nutrition Society of Australia (NSA) and Sydney Regional Group Secretary
- Sports Dietitians Australia (SDA)
Wellard-Cole, Davies A, Allman-Farinelli M. Contribution of foods prepared away from home to intakes of energy and nutrients of public health concern in adults: a systematic review. Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition. 2021: 1-12.
Davies A, Allman-Farinelli M, Owen K, Signal L, Hosking C, Wang L, Bauman, A. Feasibility study comparing physical activity classifications from accelerometers with wearable camera data. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2020; 17 (24): 9323.
Davies A, Chan V, Bauman A, Signal S, Hosking C, Gemming L, Allman-Farinelli M. Using wearable cameras to monitor eating and drinking behaviours during transport journeys. European Journal of Nutrition. 2020; 4; 1-11.
Davies A, Rangan A, Allman-Farinelli M. Dietary Behaviors That Place Young Adults at Risk for Future Osteoporosis. Nutrients. 2020; 12(6): 1800.
Davies A, Wellard-Cole L, Rangan A, Allman-Farinelli M. Validity of self-reported weight and height for BMI classification: A cross-sectional study among young adults. Nutrition. 2020; 71 (1): 110622.