I am a physiotherapist who developed an interest in lymphoedema whilst working in the UK. After completing lymphoedema training in Austria, I continued treating patients in the private and post-mastectomy hospital setting. At Balmain, I treat a wide variety of swelling issues including ongoing oedema following surgeries, accidents or trauma, vascular issues, and treatment for cancer. A keen kitesurfer and of the outdoors, I aim to provide patients with an integrated lymphoedema management approach to return patients to their optimum activity levels.
My specal interests include LymphWell (oedema treatment and management), post surgery oedema, soft tissue, adhesion and scar manipulation.
As a physiotherapist I have been privileged to work for:
- Masters of Physiotherapy (2011)
- Certificate of Combined Decongestive Therapies (2004)
- Certificate of Manual Lymphatic Drainage (2003)
- Diploma Sports & Remedial Massage (2001)
- Bachelor of Science (Behavioural Sciences) (1999)
Memebership of Professional Associations
- Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA)
- Australasian Lymphology Association (ALA)
- National Lymphoedema Practitioners Register (NLPR)
- Australian Traditiional Medicine Society