APA SPORTS PHYSIOTHERAPIST
OLYMPIC TEAM PHYSIOTHERAPIST
I am a full time firefighter as well as a sports physiotherapist. Despite such a diversity I believe the two jobs compliment each other. Both professions require specific problem solving that are typically novel and require a deeper understanding of the context in which they are present.
My special interests include the strengthening and conditioning of the warped psychological and physiological needs of elite athletes.
As a physiotherapist I have been privileged to work for:
- Australian Kayak team (Olympics, 2004, 2008 & 2012)
Degree / Qualifications
- Masters Sports Physiotherapy (2005)
- Bach Applied Science (Physiotherapy) (1998)
- Bach Sports Science (1995)
Membership of Professional Associations
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Sports Physiotherapy Association
- Sports Medicine Australia